Wednesday 28 November 2012

Images chosen for my actual magazine



IMAGE FOR THE COVER


I chose this photograph for my cover page and enlarged it using Photoshop CS5 in order to make it fit in an A4 paper and engage the audience towards her eyes. I believe this is a strong photograph because in its simplicity it engages the reader her composure is serene (which is what I generally wanted the magazine to embrace) and her look towards the lens of the camera on the actual shoot is effective to allos the customer to feel "allured" which is exactly what I was wanting (hence the name of my magazine "Allur").
IMAGES FOR THE CONTENTS PAGE

I chose this photograph for the "cover issue" in my contents page and enlarged it to nearly fill the entire left hand side of my contents spread. I thought that the implementation of a picture of my main model with a different outfit would look good and I stayed with the same lightning setting in the photographs to concord throughout the magazine and embrace the "serene" overview I wanted to achieve.


I recently went to one of the gigs that my roommate (singer in the photograph) performed in, I took several photographs when they were performing and I thought it would look very professional in my contents page. I also thought that the setting of the bar they performed in "Ths Fiddlers" had an indie/vintage look as being from a past era which also looked quite well.




I took the advantage of taking pictures of some of the instrumental equipment some of my friends had and also added them in my contents page under the title "instrumental acquisitions" which I again believe that it suits to the general magazine conventions and lets the customer clear what the issue relates according to music.


I thought that adding a fashion department into the contents page would prevail a much more interesting product in order to grab as much audience as possible. Therefore, I took a photograph of a mannequin to address this fashion section.

IMAGE FOR MY DPS



I decided to implement a different picture for my DPS from my cover but remaining with the same outfit as it would relate to the actual cover as if being a sort of anchorage. I decided to present a photograph in my DPS only to cover one of the pages of the spread as it would then create a concise and formal outlook.


No comments:

Post a Comment